Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 17: Marchin' like Army Ants

Pest inspector came out today and checked for extensive termite damage. There is some, but nothing that can't be fixed. I expected some; I mean the house was built in 1900 and has been through two major Ohio River floods (before they built the flood walls in the '40's). I needed to get that bad siding off as soon as possible, put up downspouts and a new roof. I also found out the house has a cellar (stairs were hidden under carpeting). He was funny: trying so hard to be political and nice and I finally blurted out, "It's OK! I know the house is a dump!"

We then talked about neighborhoods and houses and all was good.

The bad news was he said someone kicked in the back door. I imagine they actually just ran out of the door because everything is the same. In the neighboring yard, there is a bunch new junk (old mattress, toilet, debris) and I am not sure if it is someone's stockpile or a dumping place. First thing we are doing on Friday is putting in new doors and new fence panels. I also reported a branch on the tree in the tiny front yard to the utility company. the tree has split and it is only a matter of time before the branch succumbs to gravity and takes out the power lines with it. I don't want that on me, so best they come out now before I sign any papers!

Sr was able to take the weekend off, so after 2:30 Friday, the fun begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment