Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 8: No Jinx

I so don't want to jinx this, but I put forth my strongest offer on another house. This time the house has only been viewed by me in photographs (I get a 10 day inspection period if the offer is accepted). I offered very close to asking price, cash, and as an owner-occupant (15 days first priority). I don't know how I could have made it any better. We did miss the 15 day owner-occupant period by a day (the math is funny on the Homepath site...it was listed on the 12 which by my calculations would have made yesterday Day 15; however, the site listed Friday and the last day.

Now I am hoping beyond hope this house has electricity and plumbing like the photos. It was not on the market long after the photos were posted, so unless someone broke in this week, the house should (fingers crossed!!!) be "as is" according to the photographs. I do know the roof has leaked. I hope to go peek in windows tomorrow or Tuesday.

If the major systems are working, I can get it inspected and repaired quickly after closing and move in for the rest of the repairs. The house has a lot of potential, but like all the others I can afford needs a lot of work and TLC.

Oh, and the new realtor is great. I'm glad I switched.

No comments:

Post a Comment